The Employer's Legal Handbook - 20 CPE Hours (BUS365)
· Describe the top five legal guidelines for hiring employees.
· State the three components that should be in every job description.
· Describe the difference between lawful and unlawful preemployment inquiries.
· Describe the various preemployment tests that are common in large businesses.
· Define the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
· Explain the components of Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification.
· State when to report new hires to state and federal governments.
· Identify the advantages of having an employee handbook.
· Identify the rules surrounding having grooming and clothing standards.
· Explain the relationship between progressive discipline and employee evaluations.
· Explain how overtime pay and a minimum wage is handled with various categories of employees.
· Describe the Equal Pay Act.
· Explain how the Child Labor Rules are handled in agricultural jobs and nonagricultural jobs.
· State which employers have to offer health care coverage.
· Explain other benefits that employers can offer their employees like life insurance, disability insurance, and education assistance programs.
· Explain how to apply for an EIN.
· Describe the various taxes that employers must pay.
· Identify which leave requests must be granted under FMLA.
· Define the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
· Understand the role of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.
· Explain the various examples of illegal discrimination.
· Identify who is covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
· Explain the statutes that employees rely on in asserting wrongful discharge claims.
· Describe the appropriate ways employers can develop computer, telephone, and email policies.
· State the difference between an employee and an independent contractor.
Define the role of the National Labor Relations Act.
Advanced Preparation: None Instructional Method: This program is a QAS Self Study offering. Field of Study: Financial Planning
Registration Requirements: In order to purchase this program, you can add this course to your cart and continue with the purchase, or you may contact Sammie McComas at email@example.com or 1-866-412-5352.
Program Refund Policy: Your satisfaction is our first goal. All courses may be returned for a refund or exchange within 30 days of purchase provided the materials have not been used and the tests have not been taken. Shipping and handling charges are not refundable. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact our offices at 1-866-412-5352.
Complaint Resolution Policy: All complaints will be handled in a timely and efficient manner to ensure the complete satisfaction of our students. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact our offices at 1-866-412-5352.
CPE World is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org